activity of powerskating.
About the Canadian Powerskating Association
The Canadian Powerskating Association is dedicated to providing all Canadians the opportunity to participate in the sporting activity of powerskating. It recognizes the unique opportunity and programming it provides to Canadians of all ages and levels. It is dedicated to providing excellence in programming, instructional standards and safety across Canada.
The vision of the Canadian Powerskating Association is to provide a standard of excellence in the sporting activity of powerskating for all coaches, clubs and participants.
The Canadian Powerskating Association:
- Is an advocate for safe, regulated professional instruction.
- Offers professional and associate memberships for clubs and individuals.
- Sets professional criteria for members.
- Performs annual criminal background checks of its members.
- Ensures programs and instructors are fully insured.
- Provides access to high quality, discounted insurance to members.
- Provides first aid certification.
- Provides powerskating instructional certification.
- Is committed to program implementation by qualified instructors.
- Offers resources and professional development for members.
- Supports world class curriculum development.
- Sets guidelines for safe and effective programming and ice utilization.
- Builds long-term athlete development plans for skaters within the organization.
- Advocates powerskating as an important and vital service for skaters of all ages, levels and ability.
Long Term Athletic Development
We offer the purest form of long term athlete development for our athletes and coaches. We focus on the individual development of the athlete and equip them to the skills and techniques to excel at the sporting activity of Powerskating. Proactive fitness and preparing athletes and participants for a lifetime enjoyment of a multitude of ice sports that powerskating provides a foundation for.